30 Things You Have Control Over In Daily Life

“Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over, instead of craving control over what you don’t.” Anonymous

I have been working hard on re-framing my thinking about how I react to the things are not in my control. After writing and sharing my tips on how to change your perspective I started to reflect on all the things I DO have control of in everyday life.
In typical “Natalie” style I started writing a list on all the things that are in my control and quickly had a list of 30 simple controllable things in daily life. I truly believe that if we put our energy into the things we CAN control and stop worrying about the unknown we can live a healthier more positive life.

So here is my list of things that the majority of us have total control of in daily life

1. The time you wake
  2. Your attitude
  3. What you choose to focus on
  4. How many times you smile
  5. The way you talk to yourself
  6. The way you talk to others
  7. Your body language
  8. How you respond (to people and different situations)
  9. What you eat
  10. What you drink
  11. What you choose to spend//invest your money on
  12. How much energy you choose to use (and when you choose to use it)
  13. The cleanliness of your space
  14. How kind you are to others
  15. How kind you are to yourself
  16. How you express your feelings
  17. How present you choose to be
  18. Whether you choose to exercise
  19. How much time you dwell in the past
  20. How often you say thank you
  21. What you choose to learn
  22. How you interpret a situation
  23. How honest you choose to be
  24. How compassionate you are
  25. What perspective you take on a situation
  26. How many times I say I love you
  27. Whether you ask for help (who, where and when)
  28. Whether you give up
  29. What commitments you make (or cancel)
  30. The amount of rest you get

I highly recommend everyone takes some time to write their own list of the things you can control in daily life as it will surprise you how many things are in your control. I hope some of my list resonates with you and that it motivates you to be mindful of the choices you make.

Keep smiling ♡

31 Comments

1. neilsonanita says:

Your list is brilliant Natalie! I get a lot of inspiration from you and your lovely blog. Have a happy day.

Liked by 2 people

2. honorarycounsellormuser says:

I love your list? Will definitely be making one! Thanks for sharing 😊

Liked by 2 people

3. Lana Cole says:

I love this list. When things fall apart in my life I always switch to this way of thinking… what do I have control over. Very therapeutic for me!! 💗💗

Liked by 2 people

4. ruthsoaper says:

This is really a great post. Taking control over ones life, making intentional decisions is very empowering.

Liked by 2 people

5. Ben Aqiba says:

Hi Natalie,

that is our power, to control things on which we have influence .
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.
    Reinhold N.

Liked by 2 people

6. Inspirational post !! Loved it ❤️✨

Liked by 2 people

7. Shaun Jones says:

I really needed this today. Thank you. I’ve always been someone who likes to have control in my life and I hate when things our beyond me control. It makes me anxious.

Liked by 2 people

8. I agree with all 30 and they are important as the next. But, I find with me a clean place makes a difference. When I let things get messy and then tidy it all up I feel so much better.

Liked by 1 person

9. Life is a matter of choices. We control almost everyone of them, and the ones we don’t, we control whether or not we acquiesce as well. Life is waiting for our next decision. I’m glad you’ve decided to go positive and put it in drive. 😉

Liked by 1 person

10. Joshuto ∞ says:

The amount of thoughts, at present, in your mind. It can be brought to NIL again, which is called thoughtlessness you experienced as a kid.

Liked by 1 person

11. everydayanomalyblog says:

I loved this post! What a great list. Thanks for the inspiration, I’m going to work on my today 😊

Liked by 2 people

12. This is so true, relatable and helpful. This list is good enough for me and I will be referencing it! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

13. Bryan Fagan says:

I’m trying to hammer home number 2 to my 15 year old. Wish me luck.

Liked by 1 person

1. […] the anxiety I was feeling about my personal struggles. If you are interested, you can find her post here. Fitness isn’t just about having a healthy body, it’s also about having a healthy […]

Liked by 2 people

2. […] that I can control. I got this from another blogger, Searching For My Inner Zen. You can find it here. It really allows you to gain perspective about your life. I found that I can control what I eat […]

Liked by 1 person